Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gone a'droving

Sometimes working saturdays, I think I would like to change my job..perhaps go 'a-droving'

Clancy of the Overflow.

"I am sitting in my dingy little office, where a stingy
Ray of sunlight struggles feebly down between the houses tall,
And the foetid air and gritty of the dusty, dirty city
Through the open window floating, spreads its foulness over all.

And in place of lowing cattle, I can hear the fiendish rattle
Of the tramways and the buses making hurry down the street,
And the language uninviting of the gutter children fighting,
Comes fitfully and faintly through the ceaseless tramp of feet.

In my wild erratic fancy visions come to me of Clancy
Gone a-droving “down the Cooper” where the Western drovers go;
As the stock are slowly stringing, Clancy rides behind them singing,
For the drover’s life has pleasures that the townsfolk never know."


Of course, if I wanted a really interesting job, I could apply to be Vice President Kalla's Public Relations Representative. As we know the Vice President does have a way with words. Most recently, The Vice President was
quoted today defending a recent Indonesian business organisations trip to Israel as saying

" "Arabs, Egypt and Jordan also engage in trade relations with Israel. Many Palestinians are working in Israel. Maybe the goods that we buy from Israel are made by the Palestinians. So I do not see any problem in it,"

Of course, if you happen to be an athelete who had trained your whole life to be the best at your chosen sport then apparently you can expect a different level of support from the government.

"JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Indonesia pulled out of a planned Fed Cup
tennis match in Israel to protest that country's actions in the Gaza Strip, a foreign ministry spokesman said Tuesday."

For some bad news Vice President Kalla is going to have to improve if he wants to win the big "He didn't really say that did he" Masters Trophy. A late challenger is
Russian President Vladimir Putin who when ask we he was photographed kissing a
young boys stomach said "I wanted stroke him like a kitten".

Well thats alright then..for second I thought you were behaving a little weird...

No comments: