Monday, March 06, 2006

Harder than it Looks - Happy Post 5

Had I known it was going to be this hard to write ten happy posts in row, I never would have made the statement!! Sheesh so much going on that needs a bit of grumpy outrage:

1. Unbelievable statements by pollies in the JP.
2. Being slashed on another blog
3. Having to read its the woman's fault for being raped due to the clothes she wears (please..What are we Cro-Magnum man?)
4. Internet stalked by a Troll (ok that's actually funny, pathetic but funny)
5 Accused of rushing the happy posts (yep guilty, just got to finish them now)
6 Accused of religion bashing..(absolutely not guilty)

Further, my use of Milo has been brought into question, some clarification is urgently required. Milo is not a small furry dog, but a quasi chocolate drink, excellent hot just before sleeping. Small furry creatures do not figure in my night routine.

Now on with the post, not actually "Happy" more like a good news story. Every so often my company donates goods etc to schools in need. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. Well we did it again last week, and whilst feeling all warm and fuzzy I noticed some other new stuff. Where from? That's from "J" he and his wife donate stuff every week.

Further research soon proved, that not only did Mr and Mrs "J" "donate stuff every month" they did it without company sponsorship and from their own pockets. More importantly, I have known J for over three years and never once have I heard about this, Let alone the hundreds J donates every month.

It certainly made me doubt my "warm and fuzzies" I wonder how many other people are out there quietly raising the bar for humanity.

I agree it not happy post but it is a nice story, so I am gunna count it....Besides if I have to be nice and sweet much longer I am going to scream.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

censor this again:
this blog should be named whitechicken

oigal said...

Yawn...

Unknown said...

*LOL* i am now relegated to what you are not sure about...

i've responded to your comment there, i'll make that clear: i am NOT at all accusing anyone of religion bashing. I'm not backtracking, just my earlier post was probably wasn't clear enough. If want to accuse anyone, i'll put a direct link.

So everyone, just to clarify, I am accusing Greenstump to be rushing thru the whole happy post mission, drinking Milo is lame (i know what Milo is, it's the fact that you're drinking them) and the monkey picture has brought up some questionable issues to his sense of aesthetics, but he wasn't bashing anyone's religion.

I will make sure to make this point clear next time.

one happy day at a time? i'm badly in need....

Unknown said...

and hey, actually, i count that as a happy post. Even happier than the monkey post. i'm glad that despite my total neglect to society, other people are taking this burden of humanity forward.

now i can go on destroy other things and not feel so bad about it...

just kidding of course...

It's a good post.

oigal said...

Hey Treespotter,

Don't take it personal..you have been a bit eer ..a bit "tired and emotional" of late..kinda scary for us emotional desert kind of guys.

...but that says more about me than you in a negative sense..

Besides I'm learning how all this works, so shifting you around is fun for me as well..

Thanks for the posts...and comments, they are valued ))

cheers

Unknown said...

shit, did i just sound all good there?
i'm not really... i didn't mean to, really... I am still highly unstable and obssessively compulsive with the inane and the mundane.

and i still hate the internet...
and Wednesdays, too...

Unknown said...

BE: he called you a 'troll' u letting him get away with that? i won't...

oigal said...

Lol..yea but he has make it interesting for others to read as well..otherwise...da..dat...daaaa..